“Bentonite, also referred to as Montmorillonite, is one of the most effective and powerful healing clays. Bentonite Clay is a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy meats, impurities and chemicals.“
So here’s what you do:
1. Scoop out a few spoonfuls of clay into your plastic bag (you could use a bowl, but it’s 10x easier to mix it in a bag!). Make sure you use a plastic utensil and bag (or bowl)–do not use anything metal. It messes up the clay’s electric charge (which is important, because that’s what allows it to draw out the toxins and junk in your pores!).
2. Add the same amount of water or Apple Cider Vinegar if you have oily skin, then a little more until the correct consistency is achieved. It should be like yogurt (regular yogurt, not thick Greek yogurt!).
3. Leave some air in bag and seal it. Mix up the clay and water or ACV by shaking and kneading your bag.
4. Now, use your face mask brush and apply a thin layer of clay on your face. There will be clumps in your mixture; avoid them, just use the mixed parts. Oh–don’t go crazy. You want the mask to have time to dry, keep it thin!
5. Wait 15-20 minutes, or until you literally cannot move your face because the clay has completely hardened. Bentonite clay is like a sponge…when it’s wet, it expands. As it dries, it contracts. This means that as your mask dries, it will literally feel like your face is pulsating and being sucked off by the clay. In some ways, that is what’s happening–the clay draws out toxins, impurities, oils, and any other junk in your pores while it dries!
6. Using warm water and a washcloth, gently remove your face mask.
7. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and moisturize. Your face will probably be very red–this is normal! Don’t freak out. Because everything in your pores was sucked out, your face is a bit raw and red. This will go away in about an hour!
8. Repeat about once week.
Have I convinced you to try a Bentonite Clay face mask? It’s super cool guys. Your pores literally get vacuumed out by clay! I mean, really, who wouldn’t want to try that? (If you need clay, buy it here.)